Safety and Security Measures
Sổ kết quả xổ sốNSU University School is committed to providing the safest environment possible for our students, faculty, and staff. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have enhanced our safety precautions to ensure a safe educational experience during these challenging times. to review our Return of the Sharks plan created with guidance and information from many agencies including the Florida Department of Education, Center for Disease Controls, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Broward County Health Department, American Academy of Pediatrics, and Nova Southeastern University.
In addition to the safety and security measures listed below, full time counseling teams are available to all of our students and emergency drills are held throughout the year. As always, we continuously remind everyone that if you see something, you should say something.
- 24-hour campus monitoring by NSU Public Safety
- Six full-time public safety officers stationed in and monitoring each NSU University School building
- One full-time, armed Davie police officer stationed in front center circle
- Intruder keys for each employee, which provide the ability to lock a door from the inside when in a classroom
- Blue light phones around campus which call the campus security team and turn on nearby cameras when a phone call is made
- Duress buttons for reception desks and other key areas which lock down the building and alert authorities
- Phones in all classrooms that can dial 911 and other classrooms within the school
- Enhanced indoor and outdoor speaker system
- Full-time licensed school psychologist on site
- Random K-9 checks for gun powder, bombs, drugs, and other illegal substances
- Phillips HeartStart FRx defibrillator and Stop the Bleed kits in every building